As an ad makes its way from the digital realm to the analogue world of paper and ink, there are many factors a studio operator has to keep in mind. To ensure optimal results, studio operators have to take the following steps:
- Manually search for media kit specifications (size, bleed, trim) & color profiles
- Create ads according to publication specifications & PDF compatibility
- Images within the PDF file need to be saved as CMYK
- Images need to be optimally converted & proofed using correct ICC profiles
- 'Total Area Coverage' (TAC) should be within publisher limitations
- Deliver the optimized file to each specific destination
This process becomes more complicated if you are running a campaign across multiple print destinations, and the following issues may arise:
- Maintain & update multiple versions of each image
- Time to research individual publication specifications & press requirements
- Invest in an in-house press conversion team & systems
How Press Conversion helps
You can now simplify your production workflows, thanks to Adsend's Press Conversion functionality.
Press Conversion is built into the normal Adsend delivery workflow.
Simply activate the Press Conversion feature by clicking a checkbox when you create a job in Adsend.
Once you upload your ad, Press Conversion will then examine each image and color space used in the file, and compareing these elements with the output intent as specified by the publisher.
Using the latest Color Characterization Data Sets and ICC profiles, Press Conversion optimizes each element individually to improve color consistency across your campaigns.
Your team remains in control over every ad by reviewing and approving each optimization.
Press Conversion preserves the black channel so your black text, tints and solid remain as the original.
An easier workflow
With Press Conversion, there is no need to maintain a library of the same assets tailored to different destinations.With a simplified workflow, your studio can spend more time on other tasks.
Simply create and upload a single version of your ad, and Adsend will take care of the technical aspects of preparing files for publication.
With Press Conversion, if you work to a standard workflow, you will have consistent and predictable end results.